Sunday, September 14, 2014

Back to the beginning

When learning new languages its such a slow learning curve at least that's how it feels to me. Got my first real french essay back and the amount of marks was just so disheartening. All I could do was take a deep breath and dive into what I did to mess up so much. Turns out most of it was vocab misuses which can be taken care of with time and expansion of my vocabulary. I' m trying to write at the level I can think in English but that not helping when I cannot translate the idiomatic phrases into french because i' m simply unfamiliar with the translation. The grammar on the other hand which when the vocab problems were ignored were not as bad as they could have been. Thus, there is my hope. I wish she could have done the two in different colored pen then maybe I wouldn't feel so bad looking at all the marks on the page. Here is to taking it one day at a time no matter how badly I do on my first couple of assignments. I have never failed a class and don't plan to give up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment