Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rain or shine

I love rowing in light rain. Its very peaceful, but the idea that practice would get rained out had me bummed last night. This morning I woke up before my alarm just to jump out of bed and look out the window to see if it was raining. The process of waking up seemed shortened with the terror that I may have to lead workouts at the gym instead of working on technique on the water. Luckily it seulment  misted so practice was on!. Turned out to being a perfect practice weather, with cool air there was no overheating and with a headwind we had better boat feel while rowing all eight on the square. Nothing is as cool rowing all eight set on the square. The feel of power one gets hanging on the oar with rigid form and hard concentration gives a sense of perfection and confidence that most people never get to feel. Even though we aren't quite there and starboard side is still having trouble getting in time together I have high hopes for this boat. Makes me wish we had a year to build this boat and didn't have to worry about races for another two months. I would not look forward to the number of 5k tests that would come of that, however The wish to row all day is so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment