Monday, September 8, 2014

First day for the new crewbies

Not so bad for a first day back on the water after a week of hell also known as land training to break in the new recruits. My eight man boat still needs a lot of work with time differences of almost two minutes from top to bottom. Still only on the square and we have about 4 weeks until our first race so im nervous about our progress. For a varsity boat to be still on the square with three weeks already on the water we need to be practicing racing on the feather. All I can do is trust the coach who of course is a former rower so much trust level is low with him as a coach because I actually have more rowing experience them him. At least the team and boat is making progress I will give it that but sometimes I question the level at which he yells at the team. only race day will hold the real answers after that real discussions may be had about coaching techniques. It becomes a struggle to fight between rowing my true passion and school which has become a bore this year except for my french classes which feel overwhelming and work which is Tuesday through Friday three hours a day making life very difficult to  balance hw and workouts for rowing. I wish to be the best at school and rowing but financial problems raise their ugly head to make life difficult which not many people understand. Being asked to take more time out of my day for extra practice when projects pile up become impossible as the list of responsibilities piles up.

No comments:

Post a Comment