Saturday, September 13, 2014

Eat or be eaten

              My father once told me a phrase that sticks with me today. "All we are is protons neutrons and electrons." Such a profound statement and yet so simple. What he used it for was more for the explanations of why things aren't disgusting. You only think things are gross,but in reality we are all made of the same stuff. It allowed him to clean up messes without disgust but I like to use it to remind me that all people,dogs, fish, rocks are the same on some level. Watching the film titled the non-believers is such a thought liberating movie explaining that religion is dying as the world pushes for equal rights and science proves that something can come from nothing. My favorite line said by the scientist was why should religion force the idea of how the universe works when science tells us how it works and instead let religion marvel in how it does work. Another was the common usage of the idea that God works in mysterious ways, so whats the difference between a random God and no God at all? People are so afraid of death that when religion is threatened by the ideas of science they realize well if my book is wrong then what happens when I die. I remember the first days that I fought with this hard realization probably around the age of 13. If there is no heaven what happens when I die? However I hate being afraid and refuse to believe in the concept, caution is ok but irrational fear is intolerable to me. At that age I decided I would look forward to the day of death as an explanation. Why wonder when you will find out when it happens? Why guess the ending when the story is the good part, so live my life and look forward to the end as a moment of truth. Thus, I can live without religion without its need to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All you people who look at the last pages of books because you are lazy or sacred of a bad ending well god's got your back. 
           Why is it that in court we swear on a bible? Ever thought about it? If the country was just and interested in the truth wouldn't it make more sense to hook them up to a lie detector. Imagine what would happen? What if the defense and prosecution and just about everyone in there was. A truth field in a court. If you literally could not lie it would be so silent in that court because nobody would want to talk in fear of the truth coming out.  
           Why are non-believers so afraid to say they are?  Well its simple. As my mother said today "whats the difference between a terrorist and a rabid dog? well you can reason with the rabid dog."
So I ask this question why are people afraid of religious people? Well you can't reason with religious people. A final thought. If you are religious and only believe in the parts of your religion that you like or agree with and throw out the rest why not throw out the whole thing? Death isn't scary its the dying part that is. Religion or not you will die, will you continue nobody knows except the dead and they don't talk but simply make good fertilizer for flowers. Live or dead we are all protons neutrons and electrons so do you really die?

No comments:

Post a Comment